Saturday, January 15, 2011

Pilgrimage

A couple of days ago, I wrote a review for ‘Run Lola Run’, and I briefly mentioned wanting to pay a visit to the apartment featured in the movie. Then I went on to say that I planned on writing a separate blog to list other film locations I’d like to pay pilgrimage to. Well, here’s the blog.

1. Lola’s apartment

Obviously, since I mentioned this one first, I gotta start with Lola’s apartment.

This is from Run Lola Run. More info.


2. Café des Deux Moulins

The café has become a popular destination since it was first featured in the movie Amelie. More info.


3. Westminster Bridge

In a memorable scene from 28 Days Later, Jim (Cillian Murphy) walks around and shouts “Hello!” as he stands alone in the deserted bridge.


4. Quick-Stop Groceries

I’m not a big fan of foul-mouthed cashiers. But I can make an exception just this once.

This store was first seen in Kevin Smith’s Clerks. More info.



5. Monroeville Mall

Yes, this is the mall from George A. Romero’s zombie film, Dawn of the Dead. The best time to visit is October. A zombie walk is hosted every October at the Monroeville Mall.


6. The Rocky Steps

This is actually the Philadelphia Museum of Art. But most of you remember this as the scene from Rocky, in which Stallone runs up the steps and jumps around ecstatic. More info.


7. Roman Colosseum


Kung-Fu movie buffs know what I'm talking about. I'm referring to Bruce Lee's movie Way of the Dragon. He fights and beats Chuck Norris in the Colosseum. According to IMDB, it's the last movie to have ever been filmed there.

As you can see, I provided links from www.movie-locations.com to provide more information on the exact locations.

More will be added to the list eventually. I'd like to see what everybody else has to say, and what places you'd like to visit... and if I can tag along.

No comments:

Post a Comment