Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Dark Knight Rises: Villains

Bane will be played by Tom Hardy.
Catwoman will be played by Anne Hathaway.

I trust you, Nolan.

I saw the casting of Anne Hathaway as Catwoman coming from a mile away, though. The selection of Bane as the new Batman villain is intriguing. For me at least. Some of you may remember Tom Hardy from Inception and I thought he was great in it. This role will definitely launch his career. Christopher Nolan is at the top right now, so it can't get any better than that for Hardy.

A few years ago, I was sitting in the theaters, watching trailers, and I clearly remember seeing the trailer for The Dark Knight for the first time. I was completely taken by the dark tone of the movie and the Joker. Then my dad told me that the Joker is Heath Ledger and I remember thinking, "The Brokeback Mountain guy?" Heath Ledger would later go on to win the Oscar posthumously. Nolan is a master caster and knows the game very well.

I kinda miss the days of finding out about upcoming movies by watching the trailers as they first premiere on the big screen- which is the way it was originally meant to be, just like in the old days. Now you can easily find a trailer on YouTube and information is leaked. This pretty much sucks for Nolan, because he's a director with an old-school style of directing. Some of us were born in the wrong era, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment